When reading beauty blogs it's all too easy to presume that the people writing them apply their makeup perfectly every day and never have never made a beauty faux pas in their life. After a look through my hard drive and reminiscing about what makeup trends, I've lived through. I thought I'd share with you some of the worst makeup mistakes I've personally made.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. Do I need to say more?
- Using a cleanser as a moisturiser for about 4 years.
- Applying thick black eyeliner as an homage to a racoon.
- Using a highlighter as a blush.
- Not being ruthless enough with my beauty stash and holding onto things when they're years past their sell by date.
- Pushing the boundaries of hair washing a little too far.
- Thinking I could get away with pink eyeshadow and orange lipstick.
- Only filling in the front section of my eyebrows.
- Plucking my eyebrows into nothingness.
- Wearing bright purple eyeshadow with absolutely no other makeup.
- Not using the right skincare for my skin type.
- Trying to convince myself that I could wear bronzer. It's not for everyone and that's ok.
- Painting over my cuticles.
- Overzealous blush application.
- Thinking I could get away from having white blonde hair and my hair wouldn't break off.
- Not blending products enough like once at university just leaving a blob on foundation on my cheek for about 3 hours until I looked in a mirror.
- Accidentally using hairspray as deodorant.
- Nearly singeing my eyelashes off when heating up a lash curler with a hairdryer.
What beauty faux pas have you made in the past?
Check out: Madolyn Thinks