Something that I've been really guilty of in the past is not storing my beauty products properly and only organising them in a way that is pleasing to the eye. And I'm sure I'm not the only beauty lover to make that mistake as whilst it might seem obvious to some people that some products shouldn't be stored a certain way I'm not all that sure it's just regular consumer knowledge. So today I thought I would share all the best ways I've found to store my products in a way that can keep them fresh for as long as possible.
- Always store your perfume away from direct sunlight or keep them out of the sun altogether. Alcohol and the heat do not mix well at all and there is nothing sadder than your favourite scent going off.
- Keep your nail polish in the fridge, especially in the summer this prevents them from going gloopy.
- If you're going to keep your beauty products out on display at least make sure they're not in direct sun. This is especially important for products in glass bottles like foundations etc.
- Avoid placing things near a radiator if possible.
- Keep all lids on as tight as possible so no air can interfere with things or dry out any products.
- Avoid keeping brushes out on display if possible as when they're out in the air it can allow dust to settle in the bristles.
- It's wise to keep things out of the sun and heat but on the flipside keeping things in an area that gets too cold can cause issues too.
- If a lipstick does melt in the sun whether in be from being on display or in your handbag remould and pop it into the fridge.
- Be aware of products without preservatives as they may spoil quickly unless you're careful.
- It might seem like powder products are super resilient but if they have clear packaging over the top be aware of the light changing the pigment.
- Don't store your cleanser or facial scrub in the shower as water can get through.
- Cream products shouldn't enter the bathroom at all neither should peptides, vitamin c or retinol.
- Keep cotton rounds in their packaging, they might look pretty in Diptyque jars but they gather dust so easily.
- Any creams that don't have opaque packaging be careful with in any sunlight as well as leaving them open for too long.
- If you are going to keep any beauty products in the bathroom try and make sure they're not getting too warm as they can breed bacteria.
- Eye creams can be kept in the fridge which is awesome to do in Summer as it's so cooling upon application.
- Fresh products need using up quickly and need to get kept in a dark cool environment.
- A cleanser is safe in the bathroom as long as you're not leaving the lid off it for long periods of time but somewhere that is dry.
- If you desire maybe repot products that come in tubs into pump packaging as anything in a tub can be exposed to bacteria and germs with every single use.
- Clear packaging might look pretty but it can really damage your products so make sure they're always kept in a dark environment.
- Be super careful with SPF.
Do you have any tips for keeping your beauty products safe?