Rabbit & heart shaped shortbread what more could I want? The past couple of days I have gone slightly shortbread mad and this is my second batch of these little treats so I thought I would share the recipe.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour
- Heat the oven to 190c and prepare your baking trays (greaseproof paper works the best)
- Mix the butter and caster sugar together until smooth, I add a little bit of milk to make this easier.
- Then add the flour slowly to make a smooth paste. When ready turn out onto a work surface and roll out until a 1cm thick.
- Choose your cutters and place onto the greaseproof paper.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for for 10-30 minutes until golden brown and then let cool on a wire rack.
So thats it a simple recipe for adorable little treats! I think the next time I make a batch of them I might add some chocolate chips just to add a little something extra.