It is easy to get stuck in a creative rut when you're constantly pushing out content left right and centre. From many years of studying photography I've learnt you cannot force ideas just for the sake of it and the process has to be as organic as possible. Posting 6 days a week on here and then running the online magazine A Little Opulent my creativity is being pushed more and more on a daily basis and it is easy to just run out of steam so I've been learning how to get myself out of a creative rut. My best ideas come from everyday life for the most part but there are other plenty of other ways to get those creative juices flowing.
- Take a step back from all technology.
- Don't make things too complicated.
- Flick through old issues of your favourite magazine.
- Don't force things, let things happen naturally.
- Getting stressed out will just make things worse.
- Look at things from a different perspective.
- Go out for the day and just enjoy yourself.
- Write everything down that could evolve into something more.
- Don't just put work out for the sake of it, enjoy what you do.
- Watch a documentary.
- Talk to other creatives.
- Listen to your favourite band.
- Go through your own archives of work.
- Re-read your favourite book.
- Go to an exhibition.
What are your tips for getting out a creative rut?