The highs & lows of working from home
I've been working from home for 6 months now and I've realised that as well as the many joys that it brings there are a few downfalls to it too. Being your own boss is incredible but it requires a lot of motivation and will power. So here are the highs and lows that I've found just in the past 6 month I imagine there are many more to come.
- Managing your time and schedule.
- Having your weekend in the middle of the week if you want.
- Wearing the most ridiculous attire on a day to day basis, my favourites include my Miffy leggings and flamingo shorts.
- Your bed can be your office too when you really want it to be (I try not to do this at all but when I'm really poorly it is a life saver).
- Everyday is different.
- Having those extra ten minutes in bed.
- Not having to worry about being on the clock.
- Your dog being your assistant.
- Being able to sing old R&B classics really loudly.
- Not knowing when to stop working and then feeling the guilt of not working
- It can be easy to just not leave the house for days.
- No human interaction.
- Having your office in your bedroom and not being able to distinguish between the two.
- When does the work day end?
- People presuming you do nothing all day.
- The many many distractions.
- Not taking regular breaks.
- Being too hard on yourself for taking time off because of the fact you get to work at home.
- Vitamin D intake being at an all time low.
- Praying for the days that I can use ISO 100.
- Never switching off from work and having a never ending to do list.
- Still answering emails at 12am.
What are the highs and lows in your job?