Within the past month or so I've found myself in a real slump. I can't figure out what it is and what is causing it, maybe it is the weather which can't seem to make it's mind up whether it is or summer or autumn. From my Twitter feed it looks like I'm not the only one feeling this way, the constant exhaustion from not sleeping properly due to sticky humidity has clearly got to us all.
As I work from home I used to think it was really important to set myself a really solid routine but I think restricting myself has done a lot more damage than good. My days were becoming really mundane and not productive in the slightest. It can be easy to burn out in a creative job role and half the time you might not even realise it and I think that is what I've been going through.
There is no shame in admitting you need a break from something, we all run out of steam sometimes. As much as I would love to go on holiday, I simply can't afford it so this how I've been slowly getting out of my slump:
- Starting switching my phone to silent and so that it won't vibrate and distract me.
- Re-reading my favourite books, Harry Potter.
- Going to the gym later in the day, usually at about 3 I start to flag and want a nap.
- Me time, not me and my laptop time just me time.
- Spending much less time with an illuminated screen.
- Allowing myself a lay in if I want one.
- Going to see my sister a lot more.
- Taking Bella for an evening walk.
Have you found yourself in a little bit of a slump recently?