Since Turning 24 I've Learnt
A few months ago I turned the grand old age of 24, it was the best birthday that I've had in years. I wrote a post about the things that I've learnt in my twenties, which is probably one of my all time favourite posts that I've ever written. I'm always learning new life lessons and here are the things that I've learnt since turning 24.
- The older I get, the more sarcastic I've become.
- Having a little bit of money behind you is really reassuring.
- Going into a really long distance relationship is scary, hard but so worth it.
- Food shopping soon looses its novelty.
- It is ok to admit you are struggling with something.
- Friends will still come and go no matter how old you are.
- Taking time off from work is really important.
- Be proud.
- Exercise starts to become really enjoyable.
- It is completely fine not to drink alcohol, it isn't for everybody.
- Learning to live with a chronic illness gets a little easier everyday, but rough days aren't a step back.
- Being self employed really is the best career choice I ever made.
- There is a big difference between being alone and being lonely.
- The Simpsons is just the best.
- As is the US Office.
- The realisation that I really can't eat garlic bread is a very sad one.
- Being a little scared can be good.
- Success can't be measured.
- Some people just aren't nice.
- Worrying doesn't fix anything.
- Running a business with one of your favourite people in the world is so rewarding.
- It is totally fine to be obsessed with Dr Phil.
- Workout clothes will become your favourite thing to buy.
- Not everybody will understand your job, that's fine.
- It is important to treatyoself every now and again.
What life lessons have you learnt recently?