Blogging has taught me so many lessons that I thought it was finally time that I sat and wrote a few of them down. Within the past year or so I would say that has been where I've learnt the biggest lessons and producing daily content has been a big learning curve. So let me tell you what I've learnt in the past three and a half years.
- There are no rules when it comes to blogging.
- Think before you type, anything.
- You can share as little or as much as you like online, just because you don't share, tweet or Instagram every personal detail it doesn't mean you're not a real person with feelings or problems just like the rest of the world.
- There is no right or wrong way to do it.
- Don't see a post and try and replicate it, seriously it's just not cool.
- You don't have to post every day, your readers really won't forget about you if you don't.
- Ideas aren't on an endless supply, bloggers block happens.
- Taking a break from your space can sometimes be for the best.
- Comparing your 4-day old blog to one that has been running for 5+ years will do nothing for your self-confidence. Everybody started somewhere and growth takes time.
- Success is a personal matter, it shouldn't be based on followers or the amount of PR samples that are in a post.
- Your blog will change just as you change as a person.
- Write a blog that you would want to read.
- Don't let brands take you for a ride.
- Growth takes time and hard work, it's not an overnight thing.
- Never write sly digs about other bloggers in a post,
- The bigger the images the better (in my honest opinion).
- Be yourself, not a replica of someone else.
- Not every post can be your be your absolute best.
- Interaction with readers is really important, don't ignore them.
- Some people online really aren't very nice.
- But there are some really incredible people online too and they're the ones that matter.
- Don't let anybody tell you how to run your space, advice is great but what works for one doesn't work everyone.
- If you want to take your blog seriously then go for it, the possibilities are endless.
- You really don't need to spend an endless amount on beauty products to write a blog.
- We're all the same, whether you have 1 million followers or 0 we are all equal, don't people act like they're above you because of their follower count.
What have you learnt from blogging?