It's easy to get sucked into a blogging rut. For most of February and March, I was in possibly the worst blogging slump I've ever had. There's a lot of things in the blogging world that can be tricky to deal with and it can overshadow how awesome it is. So during my little slump I wrote down everything that I love about blogging as a reminder to myself and here are 15 of them.
- There are no rules, you can do whatever you like.
- You learn a huge amount of skills without realising.
- There is a large sense of community, you just have to find the right one for you.
- You can push yourself in so many ways.
- There are some incredibly talented people out there.
- It's amazing to watch your space grow and feel proud that it's something you've built.
- You grow a thick skin.
- There are so many things you can do with your blog, it can be a personal space or something that can become part of your business.
- You get to discover things that you might not have found before.
- It can be a place to escape when you've had a rubbish day.
- You can be whoever you want to be online, more than likely you will find yourself being more honest than you're in real life.
- Everybody has a different blogging story and it's interesting to hear them.
- You can build up a great profile of work that can be transferred into other career paths.
- It's such a young and exciting industry.
- You can build some of the best friendships of your life.
What are your favourite things about blogging?