Ah bedtime, my favourite time of the day. Unwinding and getting myself prepared for the evening is something that I look forward to from about 3pm. Sometimes I'm guilty of taking my work to bed with me, but who can complain when you're doing it from a nest of pillows? I've got my whole evening routine down to a T and here are the five things that just make it completely perfect.
1. Pillow Spray: Such a princess product but there is nothing better than settling down to fresh pillows. I received this one from Neom*over a year and a half ago and even with regular use I'm nowhere near the bottom so if you're looking for something to treat yourself with then this is awesome.
2. A good book: Adding a book to my evening was the cherry on top of an already great routine. Most evenings I switch out trawling through the internet for reading and it's really been helping my sleep pattern. Switching off from a screen is a great feeling when you've been staring at it all day. I've been re-reading some of my favourite childhood books again like A Little Princess and The Secret Garden, it's nice to revisit them as an adult.
3. Intensive Lipbalm: My lips are particularly dry at the moment, I'm going to blame it on the change of seasons. As I've completely run out of the Nuxe Reve de Miel, so I've been going back to my beloved Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream. I apply a generous amount and my lips are so smooth when the morning rolls around.
4. Electric Blanket: Now you might think with the slightly warmer days that I wouldn't be using this anymore, wrong. Without sounding like an 80-year-old, I would feel a little lost without my electric blanket. I struggle to sleep in a cool environment, I like to be warm in bed and then have my room cooler. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who loves her electric blanket more than donuts? Right?
5. Hand Cream: Just like my lips my hands are also suffering at the moment, I've also been absolutely terrible for biting the skin around my nails too. Just before I settle down to sleep I apply a liberal amount of the Betty & Walter Elderflower Hand Cream*. I can't get enough of the scent and no matter how much you apply it sinks in within minutes.
Other essentials may include: My dog (even though sometimes she brings moss into my bed), a hot drink, Netflix, overnight face mask of choice and a candle.
What are favourite evening essentials?