For a big chunk of my twenties and late teens I had bad skin, it wasn't a pleasant experience. It knocked my confidence to the lowest it's ever been and I didn't help matters, I piled on skin care that wasn't suited to me and it made the situation a lot worse than it needed to be. Over the past few years, I've learnt a lot of about skin and by no means am I an expert, but here are a few small things that help my complexion stay clear.
- Changing my pillowcases regularly.
- A simple and consistent routine, 10+ products twice a day is far too much.
- Keeping my hands away from my face.
- Washing my makeup brushes on a weekly basis.
- Listened to my skin, finding out what works and what doesn't.
- Having a reasonably good diet, I can always tell when I've been eating rubbish as it comes out in my complexion.
- Always removing my makeup and cleansing my skin properly before I go to bed.
- Upping my water intake.
- Paid attention to what contraception I was using, an icky subject but you wouldn't believe how a big a part this plays in our skin.
- Stopped exfoliating so much.
- Introduced a deep clarifying mask into my routine.
- Learned about my skin type, Sali Hughes - Pretty Honest makes this so easy.
- Having makeup free days on a regular basis.
Do you have any tips for keeping your skin clear?