Much to my dismay we're leaving the long summer days behind us where simple dressing is key and heading towards the seasons where we need a few more layers. And whenever we approach these seasons I always reach for one item and that is my trench coat, the classic style has been a staple in my wardrobe for many years as it's something that will never go out of fashion. So today as sadly we are approaching the cooler seasons I thought I'd share my favourite ways of how to style a trench coat.
THE BEST THINGS ABOUT THE CLASSIC TRENCH
My love for the classic trench is along the same levels as the striped Breton which if you're familiar with my style content then you will know that is a whole lot of love for just one style item. Here are some of the reasons why I'm a such a sucker for the trench;
- They can be dressed up or down.
- In the UK they can be worn in pretty much every season we have but I love them just that little more in Autumn paired with a striped dress and loafers.
- They ooze Parisian chic.
- They're a Breton's best friend.
- Although they can be paired with a super casual outfit they do instantly make something look a little more put together.
- The classic camel colour is what everyone probably knows the trench for but now you can get them in the array of shades. I think blush pink is such a beautiful twist on a timeless piece.
- They're the perfect coat for the layering season.
WAYS TO STYLE
THE SUMMER CLASSIC
To be worn either at the weekend or for after work activities by simply adding in the shorts rather than skinny jeans or cigarette pants to be office appropirate.
TRENCH COAT, BRETON, SHORTS, TOTE, BALLET FLATS, SUNGLASSES AND BEE NECKLACE
THE AUTUMN ESSENTIALS
Ideal for those days in Autumn where it starts off a little chilly and then by mid day the sun is shining.
JUMPER DRESS, TRENCH COAT, CLASSIC CONVERSE, TOTE BAG AND GLASSES
THE WINTER FAIL SAFE
Every single Winter I wear this outfit paired with a thick set of woolly tights it's ideal on those not so baltic days.
TRENCH COAT, STRIPED DRESS, TOTE BAG, RED NAIL POLISH AND LOAFERS
THE EASY EVENING OUT
I'm not one for evenings out really but if I do ever venture out past 7pm I'll always pop on something along these lines as it's simple yet classy.
BLACK SKINNY JEANS, CAMI, BLACK BAG, BEE NECKLACE, BLACK HEELS AND TRENCH COAT
Are you a fan of the classic trench? How do you style it?
- this post contains two sponsored links from Jack Wills -