My to-do lists are my best friends. My work day would be nowhere near as constructive without them helping me get everything done. It seems like such a simple thing, but they increase my productivity levels ten fold. So, today, I present to you the joy of a good to-do list and how to make yours super productive.
HOW TO MAKE THEM PRODUCTIVE
- Make multiple lists and prioritise them with what tasks need doing first.
- Break the tasks down and include every step that has to be completed.
- Don't make them overcomplicated, there is nothing scarier than a to-do list longer than your arm.
- List the most important tasks at the top.
- Keep your work and life lists separate so you don't go from answering e-mails to doing the washing.
- Make the tasks specific. So if you have 'write a blog post' maybe write 'write a rough draft for Friday's post and add links'.
- Put a time limit on certain items so you don't waste the entire day trying to tackle them.
- Start a new list every day.
& WHY THEY ARE SO AWESOME
- Crossing everything off your list is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world.
- They are great for helping you stay on track with your day and not going off task by watching rabbit videos on YouTube.
- Breaking down tasks makes everything seem so much more do-able.
- They are the perfect excuse for buying pretty stationery.
- You don't end up forgetting really important tasks.
- When working in a team you can create a shared list so everybody is on track.