The Most Important Things I've Learnt In My 20's
Now I'm officially in the middle of my mid 20's I feel like I'm in a good place to look back on the past 5 years and see what I've learnt. Personally I think your 20's are your years for learning [although we never stop]. And, I've learnt an incredible amount and ultimately I feel like I'm a much better person now because of the vital lessons I've learnt throughout the past 5 years and I'm excited to share my favourites with you today.
- You really do get to the point where you don't care what people think.
- Being selfish is ok and something people need to do more.
- Putting out unhappy thoughts into the world will only bring more negativity into your life.
- If you don't want the same things are your friends than that is ok and totally normal.
- Even if someone thinks badly of you that doesn't mean those thoughts are true.
- Friendships are complicated and require a lot of effort.
- The things that you think you want at 20 couldn't be more different when you get to 25.
- You want to be the best version of yourself, not an inferior version of someone else.
- It's better to be the person having bad things said about them then being the one saying the bad things.
- Money isn't everything in life, shopping till you're in debt won't make you happy.
- You understand why people older than you don't care that much about wearing makeup.
- A good nights sleep is something to brag about.
- Friendships come and go, it's not the worst thing in the world.
- Everyone feels scared about growing up, no matter how much they might hide it.