What I Look For In My Beauty Products
Considering how much I prattle on about beauty products I don't think I've ever written a post on what I truly look for in them. So I thought it would be fun to make a small compendium of the characteristics I look for in beauty items.
- Satin formulation.
- Medium coverage.
- Long lasting but still lightweight on the skin.
- Radiant without being too greasy or oil inducing.
- Continuous hydration throughout the day.
- Silicone free.
- Finely milled if a powder formulation.
- Minimal shimmer.
- Highly pigmented.
- Mattifies without flattening the skin.
- Finely milled.
- Adds a small amount of coverage.
- Long lasting without a waterproof formula.
- Finely milled.
- Minimal shimmer and no chunky glitter.
- Long lasting without being too chalky on the lid.
- Glow inducing with minimal glitter.
- Pigmented without being overpowering.
- Soft focus glow.
- Glides over the skin and doesn't enhance pores.
- Creamy and smooth upon application.
- No shimmer.
- The ability to wear evenly throughout the day.
- In a spray bottle, not an aerosol.
- Deep cleansing without being drying.
- Removes makeup with ease.
- Promotes a healthy balance in the skin.
- Lightweight but keeps the skin hydrated through the day.
- Contains an SPF.
- Doesn't pill up when makeup is applied over the top.
- Glow inducing.
- Hydrating without making the skin greasy.
- Quick absorption.
- Radiant without glitter.
- Hydrating but not greasy.
- Contains a small amount of coverage.
- Absorbs quickly.
- Clarifying but not drying.
- Hydrating without being too heavy.
- Doesn't dry down and crack on the skin.
- Exfoliating without being too intense.