Messy Bun 101
One of my favourite hairstyles to go for is a big messy bun, it saves me from putting heat on the majority of my hair and it takes under 5 minutes. Up until recently I always found them a little bit of a faff to get right but on a late night peruse of Pinterest I saw another way that has made things 100x more simple. I've been doing this a morning when I've been going to the gym too and it has good staying power too which is what we all want, nobody likes a sad bun.
So here's how to do it:
- The tools you need are: a back combing brush, bobby pins, dry shampoo (to add texture) and a hair tie.
- After spritzing some Batiste through my hair I then give it a quick brush and I then straighten my fringe to style it.
- Tie your hair up into a pony tail, I like to make mine a little messy.
- Then back comb the pony tail to add a lot of texture.
- Wrap the hair around to form a bun shape, my hair always looks like candy floss at this point.
- Then bobby pin the hair into place so it is nice and secure and just play around with till you have your desired shape.
- Generally I just leave it there but you could spray some hairspray to keep it really in place.
Are you a fan of a messy bun?