Small Ways To Be A Little Healthier
The older I get the more I take into account my health, when I was younger I just didn't care. I never thought about what I was putting into my body or cared much for exercise. Last year I gave myself a real push to start leading a healthier lifestyle and really started to look after myself. At the time, I just wanted to start off small, trying to change everything at once was only going to end in failure, so here are a few small things I did.
- Switched out fizzy drinks for water.
- Made the conscience effort to walk more, so taking the stairs instead of the lift.
- Cut down on the amount of snacks I was eating.
- Made sure to eat 3 good meals a day.
- Learnt how to meal prep, such a life saver when you're busy.
- Kept sweets out of the cupboards - if it's not there you're not tempted.
- Purchased more fruit and veg.
- Started to work exercise into my routine.
- Made the exercise I was doing fun and enjoyable.
- Tried to add veg to most meals.
- Switched to brown bread and rice.
- Made meals from scratch.
- Challenged myself to drink more water and get those 8 glasses in.
- Tried to make sure I was getting a good amount of sleep each night.
- Made granola from scratch instead of buying it.
- Stretched before bed - sounds odd but it really helps.
Do you have any tips on being a little healthier?