Taking Joy From Everything
Something I think we all do without realising is take what we have for granted. I know that I do all the time. A terrible habit of mine is wishing for other things and never taking a moment to appreciate everything I do have. When we're busy living it's not often that we take a step back to joy in all the smallest of tasks. The things that become a part of everyday life and a remedial chore. From now on I really want to start taking joy from every single little thing that I do and here are some of my favourites.
- Waiting from a delayed train in the sunshine.
- Sunshine in general.
- Chopping up fruit and vegetables.
- Reading - everything and anything.
- Going food shopping and finding your favourite cereal reduced.
- When people take time out of their day to e-mail you.
- Having the time to sit and enjoy your lunch and have a break from work.
- Getting an early night's sleep.
- When a complete stranger smiles at you and you realise it's not creepy, it's just polite.
- Being thanked for holding the door open for others.
- Having the time to see your friends more.
- Being able to blog and have your own little place on the internet.
- Golden hour.
- Hayfever tablets that work so you can enjoy summer.
- Being able to treat yourself to a new book.
- Ice cold water.
- When you get home after a really long day.
- And removing your makeup & bra.