When You Don't Think You've Got Any Ideas Left
Whether you're a freelancer, blogger or just generally a creative person I think we all feel the fear of not being able to think of anymore ideas. It's something that goes through my head every single day and then of course there are those times when I hit a wall and ideas just seem impossible. Creating daily content on here and then lots of features over on ALO means I really push the creative portion of my brain to the limits. I've hit a few road blocks in the past year and every time I feel one creeping up these are the steps that I take:
- Get away from the internet.
- Don't over think the thing that you're trying to achieve.
- Have some time to yourself, completely away from your work.
- Look through your own archives.
- Go back to old ideas and look at them from a different perspective.
- Do something different.
- Try something new.
- Buy yourself some new stationary, even a new pen can help.
- Take everything down to basics.
- Watch a film or documentary.
- Don't be afraid to fail.
- Read something, anything.
- Have a bath.
- Go out for the day or go for a walk.
- Talk to people.
- Have a tidy.
- Look at things from someone elses perspective.
What do you do when you feel like this?