Simple Ways To Save Money
Learning how to save money is hard, it's taken me years to get into the habit of making a conscience effort to put some money behind me. Having money behind you for any sort of emergency is really important and even more so when you're self-employed. I've learnt a lot of things over the past year that have helped me save and here are a few easy ways to get saving:
- Stop buying lunch and coffee out, those £3's add up.
- Have a savings account that you can't withdraw from easily.
- Make the most out of your store loyalty cards.
- Always look for vouchers and discount codes online before you buy anything.
- Set up a finance system that works for you, I use a notepad and write down everything I spend.
- When food shopping make a solid list, it stops you from filling up your basket with un-necessary purchases.
- Set yourself a budget each month when all your standing orders and bills have gone out.
- Put a set amount of money away each month and make it like a bill for yourself, so you have to pay it.
- Cancel any subscriptions that you don't really use like expensive gym memberships.
- If you want to buy new clothes then try and sell some items that you're not really using anymore.
- Withdraw your weekly budget in cash and then put your card in a safe place so you're not tempted to spend on it.
- Make eating out a treat, not a lifestyle.
Do you have any tips for saving money?