Since Graduating I've Learnt
In a few days it will be a whole two years since I took that terrifying walk onto that stage and collected my First Class with Honours degree in Editorial and Advertising Photography. By far one of the proudest days of my life and I will never forget all the lessons that I learnt throughout university but what happens afterwards? Here are all the things I've learnt since graduating:
- Get rid of that huge overdraft as soon as possible.
- Thousands and thousands of people apply for those precious graduate jobs so don't get disheartened if you don't hear back.
- There is no shame in moving back home.
- You see a different side of your home city when all the students come back.
- Ordering Domino's just isn't the same when you don't have those sweet vouchers they hand out at the freshers fair.
- Don't worry about your student loan.
- Just because you've done a degree in one subject doesn't mean you have to work in that area.
- Losing touch with people in inevitable.
- Don't compare yourself against other graduates.
- It doesn't matter if you go back to working your old job that you had before uni, at least you have an income.
- You will get jealous of student loan payday, for years.
- Everyones graduation picture is a little embarrassing.
- If you don't land that dream job right away that doesn't mean your degree was a waste of time.
- Have a rest when you finished all your work, it is so well deserved.
- Seeing uni friends can be lovely but it can also make you panic if you aren't doing the same thing as they are.
- Stop worrying about every single thing.
- University life is a little bubble - embrace it whilst you can.
- If you do move home embrace the peace & quiet and enjoy not having noisy flat mates waking you up at 4am.
- Just go with the flow - sounds silly but it's true you don't know what life with throw at you.
What have you learnt since graduating?