15 Things I'm Glad I Learned Before I Turned 25
Tomorrow I will be turning 25. I can't quite believe it if I'm honest, it only feels like a few weeks ago that I was turning 21. There is something about the number 25 that fills me with panic, that I've not got everything together that I 'should' have and have subsequently been freaking out since about November. Even though I might not have everything together I've learnt so much and a lot of them are things that I'm glad I learnt sooner than later.
- Failing at something doesn't mean you're a failure.
- No-one has it entirely figured out in their 20's or even their 30's.
- Social media can do more harm than good, it's important to remember that it's not accurate.
- Time seems to fly by and you spend half your time talking about it.
- No-one feels like an adult really, no matter how responsibility they have.
- It's ok not be married or even thinking about it.
- Your 20's are your time to be selfish.
- Just because you enjoy spending your Friday nights in with a serial killer documentary and your dog it doesn't mean you're boring.
- The things that you discuss with your best friends becomes a lot more honest and all boundaries are lost.
- You become more and more like your parents as the days go by.
- Getting enough sleep is a top priority.
- Losing friendships is hard but sometimes it's for the best.
- You start to call everybody who under the age of eighteen 12 and wonder how they can go out wearing so little and not freeze to death.
- Staying in is the new going out.
- Everybody freaks out about what they're doing.
I'd love to know what you've learnt in your 20's
Check out: Abracadabra Girl, Darling Dee Dee, A Girl Obsessed, Me, Micheal and M.E, Rolala Loves, Ever In May and Jo's Whiteboard, you can advertise on From Roses here and get 30% off all ad spots in May with the code MAY25.